• OPEN AN ACCOUNT
Indian Indices
Nifty
23,501.10 -65.90
(-0.28%)
Sensex
77,209.90 -269.03
( -0.35%)
Bank Nifty
51,661.45 -121.80
( -0.24%)
Nifty IT
35,200.30 263.85
( 0.76%)
Global Indices
Nasdaq
17,721.59 -140.64
(-0.79%)
Dow Jones
39,134.76 299.90
(0.77%)
Hang Seng
18,028.52 -306.80
(-1.67%)
Nikkei 225
38,596.47 -36.55
(-0.09%)
Forex
USD-INR
83.41 0.00
(0.00%)
EUR-INR
89.60 0.09
(0.10%)
GBP-INR
106.09 0.18
(0.17%)
JPY-INR
0.53 0.00
(-0.03%)

EQUITY - MARKET SCREENER

Nestle India Ltd
Industry :  Food - Processing - MNC
BSE Code
ISIN Demat
Book Value()
500790
INE239A01024
34.6508417
NSE Symbol
P/E(TTM)
Mar.Cap( Cr.)
NESTLEIND
76.78
244823.61
EPS(TTM)
Face Value()
Div & Yield %
33.07
1
1.27
 

nestle india ltd
Nestle India ends higher after public shareholders reject royalty hike proposal to Swiss parent
May 18,2024

As per the company’s exchange filing, 57% public shareholders of Nestle India voted against the said proposal while remaning 43% voted in favor of the same.

As on 31 March 2024, Public shareholders held 37.24% stake in the company. The remaining 62.76% stake is held by the Promoter & Promoter Group, viz. Nestle S.A (34.28% stake) and Maggi Enterprises Limited (28.48% stake).

In April this year, the board of Nestle India had approved a proposal for payment of general licence fees (royalty) by the company to Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. (Licensor) at the rate not exceeding 5.25%, net of taxes, of the net sales of the products sold by the company.

The said payment was being made as per the terms and conditions of the existing General Licence Agreements. The amount would be payable in a staggered manner over the period of five years by making an increase of 0.15% per annum over the current license fees of 4.5% per annum effective from 1 July 2024.

In 2019, the company had reportedly said that it would seek approval from its shareholders every five years for royalty payments to the parent company after receiving investor and proxy firm's feedback on the issue.

Nestlé is the world's largest food and beverage company. It manufactures internationally famous brand names such as Nescafé, Maggi, Milkybar, Kit Kat, Bar-One, Milkmaid and Nestea.

The FMCG major's net profit jumped 26.81% to Rs 934.17 crore in March 2024 quarter as against Rs 736.64 crore in March 2023 quarter. Revenue from operations rose 9.05% year on year to Rs 5267.59 crore in the quarter ended 31 March 2023.